Animalympics to help Zoos
Zoos are now able to open their doors to welcome visitors again.
They have, however, got a 3-month gap in their incomes which will need to be filled. Making up that shortfall through ticket sales will be impossible, especially as visitor numbers will naturally have to be limited due to the distancing measures in place.
Josie Dom has penned an epic poem celebrating the animal kingdom who have stepped up to compete in the Animalympics when the human’s Olympic Games were cancelled. Now the animals are stepping up to help their real cousins in zoos throughout the UK.
By donating to one of the zoos via this page, you will receive a daily email of the Animalympics activities each day of the Olympics from 24 July – 8 August 2020.
All monies raised will go directly to the zoos themselves.
How you can help
- Click the DONATE NOW button below
- Make a donation on the official GoFundMe page
- Share with your friends to help get more donations for the zoos
What happens next
- Once your donation has been received, I will contact you to check which zoo you wish to donate to*
- From 24 July – 8 August you will receive a daily ‘news report’ video of the activities at the Animalympics, read by athletes themselves
- Enjoy the videos
- Share snippets with your friends to encourage them to donate
- Belfast Zoo
- Chester Zoo
- Colchester Zoo
- Edinburgh Zoo
- Twycross Zoo
- Paignton Zoo
- Welsh Mountain Zoo
I want to help zoos in the UK
If your favourite zoo is not listed and you want to help them as well, please contact Josie to see if it can be added.
In 2021, Josie will publish the Animalympics poem as a book. To keep up-to-date with the steps to publication, sign up for Josie’s newsletter here. You will also receive news of other Josie Dom books and events.