If you love the fun of Easter but worry about how much chocolate your children eat in the space of one weekend, why not choose a non-chocolate gift this year?
I’ve put together a list of 10 gorgeous gifts for the child in your life, and a couple of bonus ideas for treats for you. Whatever you choose, I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.
- Two adorable Easter chicks peg dolls from Peggies. I know these would come out year after year in my house. I always do an Easter Egg Hunt and these little fellas might hold a clue.
- If your daughter has long hair she is bound to love these scrunchies. I’m not being sexist – my son has long hair, but he would not appreciate bunny ear scrunchies! These are made by Dapple and Dandelion.
- The clever people at Imprint Products have a range of cute personalised products for Easter: soft toys, jigsaws, mugs and I especially like the Colour Your Own T-Shirt. (See picture below.)
- If you’ve set your heart on having an Easter Bunny, hop over to Lily & Rose Crochet as they have created them in blue and pink.
- For something a little different, but still bunny-themed, I think these hanging stars from Peony & Grace are so stylish.
- Or make some room in your home for Betsy from Whimsy Forest. With her pretty bunny bonnet she will melt your heart.
- If you have a keen baker in the family, do as I’ve done, and buy a cookery book. This is the one I’ve chosen: Keep Baking by Lizzie Bramall, which was written by Lizzie and published by her parents to raise funds for The Brain Tumour Charity, after Lizzie sadly passed away from DIPG in 2018. Page 64 has some yummy Easter Nests which your little chicks will love to make and share.
- And whilst talking of books, you might like to buy a book or cuddly toy from my shop. Lum is not Easter themed, but the stories are heart-warming and have a lovely moral of friendship which is good at any time of year, don’t you think?
- The Rose Garden in Dunmow, Essex have some really unusual ornaments which I love and hope you do too. These would look great dotted round the garden for an Easter Egg Trail.
- I promised treats for you, and these little egg bath bombs from Gifts by Little Miss are just the thing to add a little luxury to your life.
- If you’re in Essex, maybe treat yourself to time out and try a Fledgling Afternoon Tea at the recently refurbished under new owners Owls Hill Tea Room in Terling. If you’re not in Essex, find the best tearooms near you and enjoy their spoils!